Through a combination of classroom theory and practical exercises, the participants will gain the necessary knowledge in order to react and work within a confined space environment including the safe use of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus. (escape sets)
- Current legislation.
- Recognition of confined spaces.
- Dangers associated with confined spaces.
- The Human Respiratory System.
- Appreciation of the different types of atmospheres.
- Use of gas detection equipment in hazardous atmospheres.
- Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of escape Breathing Apparatus sets.
- Different types of full working Breathing Apparatus and ancillary equipment.
- Pre-entry checks on equipment.
- Safe systems of work for entry into confined spaces.
- Methods of communication.
- Manning levels.
- Emergency procedures.
- Practical use of escape sets and full working Breathing Apparatus.
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod and winch.
- Awareness of resuscitation equipment.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment.
- To provide the knowledge and practical experience to safely enter a confined space.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the dangers of confined spaces.
- To enable delegates to access, work and egress from confined spaces safely.
This course offers free onsite parking, with light refreshments provided on the day.