This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor. It is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications and is supported by Skills for Security, the standards setting body for the security industry and the SIA, which regulates the private security industry.
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 45-hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of 32.5 contact hours (4-days) if flexible distance learning is undertaken.
The qualification covers the following:
- The main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- The importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- The role and objectives of a door supervisor
- Powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor
- How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Best practice to follow conflict situations
- Physical interventions and the implications of their use
- The use of non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others