This qualification is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in a manufacturing environment. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment as a food handler working in a manufacturing environment, or to support a role in the workplace.
The total qualification time for this qualification is 7 hours, all of which are recommended as guided learning hours.
- The importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Keeping equipment and work areas safe and clean
- Pest control
- Safe waste disposal
- The importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination
- Good stock rotation and temperature control
- Microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control