This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake 7 hours of learning, typically over one day, with a minimum contact time of 6 hours.
The qualification covers the following:
- The responsibilities of employers and employees
- Benefits of good health and safety
- Steps to a risk assessment and how they can reduce accidents
- Near misses
- Typical hazards
- Controls in a workplace
- Common causes of accidents
- Emergency procedures
- The importance of recording accidents