This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to become a paediatric first-aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. This qualification is intended for learners already working or preparing to work in the industry and it meets the requirements for paediatric first aid outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake 15 hours of learning, with a minimum contact time of 12 hours over 2 days.
The qualification covers the following:
- The role and responsibilities of the paediatric first-aider
- Providing first aid for an infant or a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- How to administer first aid to an infant or a child who is choking or suffering from hypovolemic shock
- How to administer first aid to an infant or a child with head and spinal injuries
- How to treat minor injuries